Irish Youth Training Choir
IYTC provides young singers aged 14-17 with the opportunity to train with leading vocal and choral professionals during a residential summer course, culminating in an IYTC concert performance. After being a member of IYTC, young singers can expect to progress on to Irish Youth Choir (ages 18-28), taking part in their weeklong course of training and performances.
What can I expect to do at IYTC?
During the residential course, members participate in a daily routine of physical and vocal warm-ups, sectional and full choir rehearsals - a complete singing experience! Sports and recreational activities are organised as part of the course.
Am I eligible?
- Applicants to IYTC must be born or resident in Ireland
- If you are aged 14 - 17 during the June course you may apply for Irish Youth Training Choir
- Applicants should have relevant choral/singing experience
- Applicants should have a nominating music teacher or relevant equivalent
- In exceptional circumstances people not fitting these criteria may be considered
How well should I be able to sight sing?
A previous knowledge of music is preferable though not essential.
Any queries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 061 234823
Please see information on the 2021 course HERE