Óró sé do bheatha 'bhaile - Virtual Choir Instructions
This recording is part of Cruinniú na nÓg on the 13th June. We will record an exciting virtual choir singing the well-known Irish song Óró sé do bheatha 'bhaile.
To take part in this recording you need to do four things below:
1. Look at and listen and learn the music at the bottom of this page.
2. Ask your parents to look at the consent form for you to take part. They need to fill it out and send it to us when you send your video in.
3. Record your video and audio.
4. Send it to us by Tuesday, 26th May 2020.
There are videos at the end of this page to help you if you need it.
Cruinniú na nÓg is Ireland's national day of celebration of young people’s creativity.
Please ask a parent to read and complete this section
In order to take part in the virtual choir performance, we will require a consent that is granted to Sing Ireland from a parent/guardian. This consent will given to allow the young person’s video to feature in the recording and to be compiled together by the editors. Please ask your parent/guardian fill in the consent form attached below and submit along with your video. To fill and sign this form please open in adobe acrobat not in your browser.
Please note no video/audio will be used without a consent form.Download Consent Form Sing Ireland Cruinniú Na Nóg Virtual Choir (pdf 54.42 KiB)
HOW TO RECORD
VERY IMPORTANT - YOU NEED TWO DEVICES (TWO PHONES OR A PHONE AND A LAPTOP OR TABLIET TO RECORD YOUR PART)
VIDEOS SHOULD BE RECORDED IN LANDSCAPE, with your phone on its side! See the picture in the file below.
These are the instructions to send your recording to us:
1. Once you have learned and practiced your music a few times, you should have the music ready in front of you on the computer or a tablet. You can also print it out if you have a printer at home.
2. Get a pair of headphones and plug them into one of the phones or laptop/tablet. Next, you find the backing track for the voice part at the bottom of the page. This is the track that you will sing along to. When you play this track you will hear a guide to the voice part in your right ear with the other music in the left ear.
You can sing the unison version (melody) or if you read music you can sing the Soprano 1, Soprano 2 or the Alto version.
3. Set up the second device (phone or tablet) to record your performance. It helps if the room has no echo! A room with carpets and curtains helps with this.
4. Using your headphones to listen to the backing track on the first device, press play on the backing track and sing along while recording your video on the second device (a phone or tablet).
5. When you are happy with your recording, locate the recording on the second device and rename it with your own name similar to the following examples: Choir-Soprano 1-Michael-Murphy or Choir-Alto-Mary- Murphy.Download Technical Guidelines For Home Recording Virtual Choir Video (pdf 77.979 KiB)
HOW TO SEND YOUR VIDEO TO US
1. Open the website www.wetransfer.com. Click on ‘Add your files’ and select your recording from your device.
2. In the second field enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org In the third field enter your parent's/guardian's email address and click on ‘Transfer’. You are now done!
The deadline for recordings is Tuesday, 26th May 2020
If you have any queries please don't contact your teacher or choir conductor, please contact Sing Ireland on 061 234823 or email@example.com
SHEET MUSIC AND GUIDE TRACKS
Full SSA Score