Cappella Choir (Dublin) seeks new Musical Director
Following the recent death of our esteemed Musical Director, Vincent Whelan, applications are invited for the position of musical director from suitably qualified candidates to lead the choir’s musical development.
The position commences in September 2021.
Established in 1999, Cappella is a mixed voice four part choir of 20 – 25 members. We perform a wide variety of choral music, both accompanied and unaccompanied. Our repertoire ranges from sacred, classical, musical theatre, gospel and contemporary with the females often performing as a sub group of the choir. The choir has participated in choral festivals and competitions and has travelled extensively to Italy, Poland, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary and France. We perform concerts locally and sing regularly at Christmas in the Hugh Lane Gallery, Marlay House and Farmleigh. We rehearse on Thursday evenings in Dublin city centre from 7.15 – 9.15 pm.
The applicant is required to be musically competent and have experience working with choral music, choirs and performance. Keyboard skills are desirable. The applicant must be open to conducting online rehearsals if required.
Further duties of the MD will include:
- Preparing for and conducting rehearsals and performances;
- Maintaining and developing the current choir repertoire;
- Serving as member of committee;
- Making proposals for repertoire and for new opportunities/events;
- Providing expert advice to committee; assessing and auditioning all candidates applying for
- membership, with assistance of choir members as required;
- Supporting the vocal and musical development of individual singers and the choir’s overall
- Undertaking other duties as required and agreed.
Interested applicants please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 25th Jun 2021