Bray Gospel Choir seeks new Musical Director
ABOUT BRAY GOSPEL CHOIR:
The Bray Gospel Choir is a diverse group of singers who love performing different kinds of music such as: Gospel, Soul, Pop, & Rock. We began in 2009 singing gospel songs and over time have expanded our repertoire to include a mixture of various musical styles. Whether it's a small gathering or a big outdoor event, we're ready to bring our music to any occasion!
We rehearse on Wednesday evenings from 7pm-9pm in the Martello Hotel on Strand Road in Bray. Our rehearsals run from Sept through to the end of June and would need an MD to work these months with us.
We are a fun, energetic group of singers who love to explore all genres of music. Occasionally we donate our time to charity events and we would need an MD to do the same on these rare occasions, though for other concerts payment fees are to be expected.
BGC is seeking an inspirational and flexible MD to join our team from just after Easter 2024. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and running rehearsals, planning and conducting concert programmes, and we ask for some arranging to be included in developing both the repertoire and vocal skills of the choir members.
• Work with BGC Management when selecting appropriate repertoire. We do
purchase sheet music where appropriate.
• Lead weekly rehearsals in a productive, efficient, fun and encouraging manner
• Understanding and meeting the vocal needs of the various members of their choir,
encouraging their vocal development through participation
• Adequately prepare the choir for their performances and paying gigs, with
appropriate repertoire and achievable milestones
• Assist and communicate with the admin team regarding musical decisions,
performances, and rehearsals
• A Minimum of 3-5 year experience with a choir of a similar level
• Knowledge of various musical styles and genres along with a background in
• Knowledge of vocal technique and vocal production
• Ability to teach the choir lines from the piano as well as produce line tapes.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse team
• Excellent organisational and time-management skills
• Access to your own piano is a must.
• Owner of a vehicle with a full driving licence is desirable
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive weekly rehearsal rate and concert rates would be negotiable. Payment terms will be on receipt of invoice at the end of each month.
This is NOT a contract position. Additional hours may be required for concerts and any extraneous rehearsals.
If you are a highly motivated and enthusiastic MD please apply with a brief statement of interest, CV and video of a past performance (if possible)
Applicants will be looked at on a rolling basis. To apply for this position please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Rachel & Sharon.