Are you interested in being a tutor at the IYC and IYTC intensive summer courses?
What skills does a tutor need?
- Wide choral experience
- High standard of musicianship
- Good teaching and communication skills
- Well-developed vocal technique
What do tutors do?
- Take sectional rehearsals with one line (occasionally two) from the choir (SATB)
- Develop singers’ skills and technique though supportive training and tuition, in an encouraging manner
- Co-ordinate with the IYCs Artistic Director Bernie Sherlock and/or conductor of IYTC, Patrick Barrett
- Provide pastoral support to the singers on the course
What’s it like?
- A residential course featuring an intensive but brilliant set of choral rehearsals and workshops leading to concert performances
- The choirs are selected by audition and are made up of some of the best young singers in Ireland
- An amazing atmosphere, team work, wonderful music, and huge satisfaction
Along with the professional course fee, tutors receive food, accommodation and travel expenses.
When and Where?
Irish Youth Training Choir: June 22-June 26, 2020
Irish Youth Choir: June 26 – July 4, 2020
Venue: University of Limerick
How do I register my expression of interest:
Please send a short cover letter/email and curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pmon Thursday 19th March, 2020. Please clarify which choir (or both) you are applying for, and that you are available for the course dates. Successful candidates will be be contacted by Friday 27th March 2020.