IRELAND'S CALL - VIRTUAL CHOIR
We hope that you are all keeping well and staying safe. As choirs and singing groups all around the country have now suspended rehearsals, we are sure that you are all missing group singing and meeting your friends each week. In the meantime, we would like to invite you to join together in a 'virtual choir' project. The piece we will record is Ireland's Call and Sing Ireland is collaborating with our friends in wind and concert bands all around Ireland to make this recording (www.bandsofireland.com)
You are asked to make a video of yourself performing the piece (if you are not comfortable with providing a video just let us know and we will use the audio only). The piece has been arranged for SATB choir and voice parts for the piece may be downloaded by clicking the links below. You will need two devices - one to open the backing track which you will sing along to and one to record your performance.
Make sure to have the backing track on headphones so it doesn’t appear on your voice recording.
HOW TO RECORD YOUR VOICE
VIDEOS SHOULD BE RECORDED IN LANDSCAPE (lengthways) at 30FPS. iPhones are set to this automatically and androids can be changed easily in the camera app.
1. Open or download the vocal score for your own voice part on the first device (tablet or laptop). Print out the music if you like or make it viewable on the device for you to read as you sing along.
2. Locate the backing track for your own voice part. This is the track that you will sing along to. In each backing track, a guide to your own voice part will appear in the right ear with the other guide music in the left ear.
3. Set up the second device (phone or tablet) to record your performance. We suggest singing in a room with no echo - carpets and curtains help dampen down the sound.
4. Using headphones to listen to the backing track on the first device, press play on the backing track and sing along while recording your video on the second device.
5. When you are happy with your recording, locate the recording on the second device and rename it with your own name similar to the following examples: Choir-Tenor-Michael-Murphy or Choir-Soprano-Mary-Murphy.
HOW TO SEND YOUR VIDEO TO US
1. Open the website www.wetransfer.com. Click on ‘Add your files’ and select your recording from your device.
2. In the second field enter the email address email@example.com In the third field enter your own email address and click on ‘Transfer’. You are now done!
Please tell your friends and fellow choir members about this fun project and help us to reach our target of one thousand singers (or more)! The deadline for your recordings is 5pm on Monday 30th March 2020.