Achieving diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is a fundamental part of fulfilling the mission of any organisation or group. DEI is particularly important when the primary activity of an organisation is to serve people. Singing groups are active in communities right across Ireland and they have an important role to play in DEI. Sing Ireland knows it is possible to have a more diverse, equal, and inclusive group singing community in Ireland.
Working to achieve diverse, equitable, and inclusive environments has numerous demonstrated benefits, including:
▪ Enhanced creativity
▪ Better and more productive communications
▪ Faster problem solving
▪ Enhanced programs and services to clients
Our DEI workshops will consist of 3 modules delivered in a 90mins session on 28th October, 4th November and 11th November from 3-430pm each day.
Participants must attend all 3 sessions.
Due to limited capacity, we can only allow one representative from each singing group to participate.
Day 1: Understanding Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Introduction:
This introductory course is aimed at participants that want to integrate the ideas and practice of diversity and inclusion into the day-to-day managerial and learning processes of their organization and its environment; and take decisions in an atmosphere of respect, trust and acceptance.
• Understand the meaning of diversity, equity and inclusion
• Recognize the types, benefits, and challenges of diversity
• Identify the legislation relevant to Equality and Diversity
Day 2: Diversity and Inclusion (Embedding):
This goal of this session is to help participants better understand how to embed DEI best practices in recruitment, advertising, content development and supplier selection
• Recognise how to embed DEI best practices during recruitment, advertising, content development and supplier selection
• Understand how to use inclusive language in its work processes
• Recognise how to interrupt bias during recruitment, advertising, content development and supplier selection
Day 3: Developing a Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Strategy - Leading:
This session aims to help participants become aware of the actions and resources required when developing, implementing and managing a strategic planning process. The session will help participants assess where they are at the moment and clarify next actionable steps.
• Understand how to define diversity, equity and inclusion from Sing Ireland perspective
• Understand why Sing Ireland needs a DEI strategy.
• Recognise how to develop a custom DEI strategy.
• Identify the resources needed when rolling out the DEI strategy.