Call for Choral Facilitators for ‘Song Seeking’ Project
Song Seeking is a group singing project funded by Rethink Ireland through The Impact Fund for Munster 2022. The project, which will work with migrants in temporary accommodation settings in Munster, involves intergenerational group singing workshops and shared ‘SingIn’ days with local choirs.The project will be guided by an Advisory group with representatives from Sing Ireland, Mary Immaculate College, The Irish World Academy of Music and Dance, The Irish Refugee Council, Doras, NASC and a representative from the Pilot Project in 2018.
We are recruiting a team of choral facilitators who will develop and implement this group singing project based on the learning and outcomes of the pilot project, which was funded by Creative Ireland. Team meetings, development sessions and meet-ups for co-reflection will be key to the project’s development.
This project is highly participatory through both research and practice in the following ways:
1. Collaborate on the design and delivery of project.
2. Workshops: The group singing workshops will occur across 3 settings . The singing groups within the centres will be intergenerational. There will be 10 sessions in each setting and two large group events, which will involve collaboration with the other facilitators.
3. ‘SingIn’ events: Planned ‘SingIns’ at each setting which will involve invites to local community choirs/groups to join the DP singing groups established.
4. The project will seek to research and evaluate the work on an ongoing basis. The methods used to capture data will involve the use of arts-based methods, reflective logs, interviews and surveys.
5. The project will include resource sharing and the development of a toolkit with support materials which will be available to facilitators through Google Classroom.
December 2022 – August 2023
Limerick, Tipperary, Clare.
Please send a short cover letter and curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject title ‘Song Seeking Choral Facilitators’ by 5pm on the 5 December 2022. For more information or queries on the call out, please email email@example.com