Planning and Practical Resources for Return
Updated on a regular basis. Last updated 17th May 2021.
- Sing Ireland hosted a webinar on risk assessment, insurance and more for singing groups, featuring guests Paul Bambrick, BHP Insurance, Majella Hollywood, Chamber Choir Ireland, Peter Jordan, and SLUA Event Safety Consultancy. See here for a recording and various resources.
- Sing Ireland held a webinar, 'Looking to the Future of Group Singing in Ireland'. See here for a recording and various resources from the webinar.
- 'Planning For Your Singing Group In Uncertain Times' is a document by Sing Ireland to assist you in planning for a return looking at your structure and goals
- 'Suggestions to Irish Choirs and Singing Groups' lays out the recommendations by NPHET and the Government alongside further suggestions and recommendations from Sing Ireland.
- Singing Groups Covid-19 Risk Assessment Questions
- Insurance FAQ (questions surrounding liability and insurance for singing groups on Sing Ireland and BHP Group Insurance schemes)
- Sample Return to Rehearsal Form
- Ideas for marking spots for singers
- Government guidelines to primary schools and special schools
- The European Choral Association-Europa Cantat have compiled together all of their material and resources relating to COVID-19 on their website here. They have also compiled information on singing with masks.
- Provisional research results released about various types of masks
Copyright and Publishing During the Pandemic
Copyright laws are still in place despite the pandemic. It is so important to know the content you're sharing online is not in breach of copyright laws.
The following publishing companies have made a statement on their copyright during the pandemic with some restrictions on distributing their material temporarily eased during the global pandemic.
- GIA Publications statement on permissions during the pandemic
- Hal Leonard's Distance Learning FAQ for Educators
- JW Pepper statement on sharing music digitally
Copyright can be a confusing topic for many amateur choirs. Sing Ireland has put together some resources to help you become more familiar with Irish Copyright Law and to point you in the right direction for finding out more information in relation to your performance licensing and copyright queries: